Banana Fry recipe is one of the very easy dishes in the Indian cuisine which can be prepared in minutes. This spicy dish is a super-combo if you are taking it with light foods like Dal and curd. The plantain can be prepared as a full dry or half-cooked as you wish to have. If you are trying it as a crispy dry one you can surely keep your favorite sauces on sides to have a great bite.
Stay aware that plantains become darkened skin if kept out of reach from the water. So it’s good and gives you extra taste when you dip it into a bowl of water with a pinch of salt for a while before cooking it.
Banana Fry Recipe
- 300 g Unripe banana(Plantains) ( 4 medium)
- 2 tbsp Edible oil
- 1/4 tbsp Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves (as required)
- 1/2 tbsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tbsp Chilli (mirch) powder
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
- Salt (as required)
- 1 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
Cooking Process to make Raw Banana fry
- Rinse the raw 350 grams unripe bananas and peel the skin.
- Slice the plantains in shape as you like i.e. in rounds or vertical and shift them into a bowl of water with a pinch of salt to not get darken.
- Now heat the shallow frying pan at medium flame with 2 tsp. of oil.
- Add 1/4 tsp.of mustard seeds to it. Saute until it crackles.
- Add curry leaves as required with a pinch of asafoetida. Stir well.
- Drip the bananas from the water and add to the pan with the mixture of ingredients.
- Now add the spices -red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix until the banana slices combine with spice powders completely.
- Spread the banana slices separately on the pan to get cooked well evenly.
- Saute continuously under low flame and don’t cover the bananas with any lid. Stir at intervals till the uncooked slices edge become crisp.
- Turn slices and cook the sides which look uncooked or not roasted or crisp.
- When the banana slices become crisp and well-cooked sprinkle salt and mix well.
- At last, add 1 tsp. of coriander leaves and saute well.
- You can shift these into a bowl and serve it with Indian rice dishes like Dal and rasam or with roti.