Fish pickle, Another yummy Kerala seafood delicacy, exceptionally simple to get ready and tastes great, flawless with chapati or rice or porridge.
Generally, pickles made of vegetables like gooseberry, lime; garlic, ginger and so forth are utilized as an important side dish alongside meals.
In spite of the fact that such pickles made of meats or fish were for all intents and purposes obscure before, such products have now turned out to be prominent and products under a few brand names are presently available in the market.
Fish Pickle Recipe
- 1 kg Fish cut and dressed into little pieces
- 50 Grm Green Chilli
- 10 Grm Mustard
- 150 Grm Ginger (striped and sliced)
- 200 Grm Garlic (Peeled)
- 2 Grm Turmeric Powder
- 50 Grm Chilli Powder
- 400 mL Vinegar (Acetic acid 1.5%)
- 200 Grm Gingerly Oil
- 2.5 Grm Pepper (Powdered)
- 60 Grm Salt
- 10 Grm Sugar
- 1.5 Grm Cinnamon, Cardamom, Clove (Powdered)
- Blend the fish thoroughly with 3% of its load of salt and keep for two hours. Light salted and halfway dried fish likewise might be utilized.
- Fry the fish in least amount of oil. Set apart the fried fish.
- Fry the fixings (green chillies, mustard, ginger, garlic ) in the rest of the amount of oil and after that include turmeric powder, bean stew powder, pepper powder and blend well over low fire for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from fire, include fried fish and blend well.
- When cooled, include vinegar, powdered clove, cardamom, cinnamon, sugar and staying salt and blend thoroughly.
- Sufficient amount of bubbled and cooled water might be added to cover the fixings well.
- Move to sterile, clean, bottles of glass, and seal it with caps that are acid proof. Take care for seeing that there use to be a oil layer over the bottle’s substance.
- Flexible pockets made by 12 micron polyester shielded with co-expelled 18micron LD-HD film can similarly be make use of pressing the pickle.