Curry leaves and curry powder.
Spicy, sweet-smelling zest powder utilized as taste enhancer with sambar rice or rasam rice mix. The principle element for this recipe is crisp curry leaves with other supporting dry flavors. By and large, it is utilized as a side dish to rice, yet it additionally tastes incredible when served and blended with coconut oil/ghee and rice
South Indian cuisine brings to the table heap podi or flavor powder recipes which are for the most part utilized as a fixing for lunch and supper. Every locale has its very own variety of setting it up with a slight alteration to fixings. One such podi recipe is curry leaves powder recipe with curry leaves as its primary fixing. This recipe is altogether arranged from the crisp curry leaves and subsequently absolutely an alternate recipe.
In addition, karibevu chutney pudi recipe is extremely prevalent in Bangalore and Mysore district when contrasted with other south urban communities. In numerous other south indian parts, it is commonly corrupted with peanuts or simmered chana dal (putani). Presumably, including these would upgrade the taste yet I am not happy with calling it karuveppilai podi. Additionally, the curry leaves enhance is normally stifled when blended with other solid flavor fixings and subsequently, I favor this recipe contrasted with other podi recipe.
Karuveppilai Podi Recipe
- 1 cup curry leaves
- 1/4 cup chana dal
- 2 tbsp urad dal
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 4 dried red chilli
- Small piece tamarind
- 2 tbsp desiccated / dried coconut
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 pinch asafoetida / hing
- Basically, in an extensive dish dry roast 1 glass curry leaves on low fire.
- Roast till the curry leaves turn crunchy.
- Exchange the roasted curry leaves to a blender.
- In the equivalent tawa heat 2 tsp oil and roast 1 tsp coriander seeds, 2 tbsp urad dal, ¼ glass chana dal.
- Roast until the dal turns golden.
- Presently include 4 dried red stew, little piece tamarind, and 2 tbsp coconut (dried up/dried).
- Keep on roasting till the coconut turns golden.
- Move into a similar blender.
- Further, include squeeze hing and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix to fine/coarse powder without including any water.
- At long last, appreciate curry leaves powder into an airtight holder and appreciate with hot rice and ghee for a month or more.