Rice is one of the ingredients that often not western cooking tends to be very bland. In Indian cuisine, rice recipes are many and generally very well seasoned. Pulao is a very simple Indian dish. There are many varieties, but our green pea pulao. The dish is easy to prepare, as there are not many ingredients in it, and this can be done quickly, which is especially suitable for busy people who love Indian cuisine. The dish is also known as pulao.
Matar Pulao Recipe
- 2 cups 350 g of basmati or other high-quality rice with long grains
- 200 g of pressed panier ghee or vegetable oil for frying pannir
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 3 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. l melted butter
- 4 cups 950 ml of cold water
- 6 crushed cardamom pods
- 6 cloves
- 100 g of green peas scalded with boiling water
- 1 tbsp. l Butter
- Wash the rice in cold water, soak for 15 minutes and allow the water to drain. Cut the paneer into 2.5 cm cubes and fry them on medium heat until they have browned. Dissolve turmeric and 2 tsp. salt in a cup of warm water or whey and place the panir cubes for impregnation. Add the remaining salt to the rice water.
- Heat ghee in a saucepan over medium heat and fry cardamom pods and cloves in it for no longer than 1 minute. Add rice and peas and stir for a few more minutes. Now pour the salt water into the rice and quickly bring to the boil. Stir once, reduce the heat and cook for 20 minutes under the lid, without stirring.
- Remove the cap and allow the excess water to evaporate (2-3 minutes). Add dried paneer cubes and a few pieces of butter. Stir with a fork before serving.