Rawa Laddo is a popular Indian sweetness in the form of small balls. This dessert has many cooking recipes. Often fret is prepared for various festivals and holidays. I suggest you try one of the options for this dessert.
- 1/2 cup Semolina (Mistral)
- 1/4 cup Coconut shavings
- 1/2 cup Sugar powder
- 30 ml Milk (warm)
- 1 tbsp CashewNuts / Cashews (small)
- 1 tbsp Raisins (small)
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 5 g Butter
- A glass is a volume of 240 ml (I measured all the ingredients using measuring cups). For the preparation of dessert, I use semolina mistral semolina.
- Melt half of the butter in a pan over medium heat and lightly brown the cashews to a golden color (I took the already roasted nuts). Chop them not very finely and put in a bowl. Fry the raisins so that they swell a little and shift them to the nuts. Lightly fry the coconut in the pan (1-2 minutes) and shift it to the nuts and raisins.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan and brown the semolina a little (about 5 minutes).
- Put the semolina in a bowl to the rest of the ingredients. Add nutmeg and powdered sugar to the mixture (adds first a piece of powdered sugar, if the mixture is not sweet enough, add the rest. I used half the amount specified in the ingredients, although you could add more, so I sprinkled the finished candy with powdered sugar).
- Gradually add milk (it took me 45 ml of milk). The mixture should be of a consistency, so that balls can be formed from it. The finished Rawa Laddo will dry out a bit, but inside it will remain soft and slightly damp. They can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days, in the refrigerator - up to 5 days.
- Have a nice tea party!