It is also called Tandoori chicken. Excellent sharp taste and aroma of this dish will delight all lovers of chicken. So, if you want to cook the chicken in a new way, then I offer you a recipe for Indian cuisine – tandoori chicken. The recipe for cooking tandoori chicken is quite simple. The most important thing to stock up on Indian spice is tandoori oil.
Where to get tandoori masala? You can visit the Indian spice shop, buy it online or do it yourself, which, in my opinion, is easier and faster. I have already described the detailed composition and preparation of this Indian spice, which is mainly used for pickling products, here: recipes and cooking tandoori masala .
So, we assume that the spice at your fingertips. Then proceed to the preparation of tandoori chicken.
- 1 kg chicken(it is best to take chicken thighs or shins, but you can also use chicken fillet)
- juice of half lime or lemon
- 4-5 tsp tandoori masala spice
- natural unsweetened yogurt (youcan use any fermented milk product with a high percentage of fat (eg kefir,yogurt, etc.) enough to cover pieces of chicken 1 cup
- 1/2 tbsp garlic 3 cloves grate
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger root Grate
Prepare the chicken for pickling
- Wash pieces of chicken, remove skin. Make 3-4 cuts on each piece of chicken. Prepared chicken pieces sprinkle with lime juice, salt and leave for 15 minutes in this form.
Cooking marinade for tandoori chicken
- Then, in a deep plate, where the chicken will marinate, put the simplicity and grated ginger with garlic, add olive oil and tandoori masala. Mix well with a whisk.
- Put the pieces of chicken into the marinade.
- Each piece of chicken should be well missed marinade. Close the plate with cling film or a lid and leave to marinate.
How much marinated tandoori chicken?
- Three hours is the minimum, and it is better to leave the chicken marinating for the night,after putting it in the refrigerator.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter, then lay out the pickled pieces of chicken.
- Bake tandoori chicken in the oven at 200 degrees until cooked. Here, focus on your taste.Someone prefers with a pronounced crisp, and someone loves a more juicy version.
- You can also cook tandoori chicken on the grill and get a more pronounced crust.
How to serve tandoori chicken?
This chicken will be perfectly combined:
- · with long basmati rice· just with greens· with a slice of lemon or lime· with cucumber salad· with fresh or grilled vegetables· with grilled corn cobs· with mint yogurt
How to Make Mint Yogurt for Tandoori Chicken
- · ¾ cup plain yogurt· 2 teaspoons fresh mint, finely chopped· lemon juice· salt and pepper· olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.Enjoy your meal!