Traditional food varies from each and every country. But people nowadays are willing to taste different varieties of food. Some may even get addicted to others traditional food’s taste. I’m one of them who is very passionate and love to travel and taste new varieties of food very often.
So, here I’m going to share a few things that I know about Chinese food tradition. Chinese always stick to even numbers since they consider odd numbers as unlucky, it is even followed in their hosting too. If you note there will be a minimum of eight dishes on their special occasions like wedding, newborn or any other. As like the same I would like to share one of the Chinese Traditional Banquet Dish “Walnut Shrimp Recipe”.
If you don’t have a Chinese restaurant nearby you can solely try this new and easy recipe in your kitchen…
Walnut Shrimp Recipe
- 20 nos Walnut If you like walnuts, you can add more
- 1 cup Oil
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water & Sugar In equal proportion
- 1/2 kg Shrimp
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Corn flour
- On a frying pan heat the oil until it is enough ready to fry walnuts. Beside it prepare sweet syrup for walnut. Heat the water and sugar in a separate pan. Stir then once or twice. Fry walnuts till it becomes golden brown. Now transfer it to the pan with sugar syrup. Stir continuously till no syrup left that is syrup is coated completely above the walnuts. Continue till the walnuts become crunchy. Spread it over parchment lined sheet pan as they don’t touch each other.
- Mix the mayonnaise, condensed milk, vinegar and pinch of salt in a bowl and leave it aside.
- Now clean the shrimps and cut on their back. Removing tail is your option.
- Mix corn flour and salt. Coat the flour on the shrimps. Marinate it for 15 mins.
- Heat the oil. Make corn flour coat again, before frying in oil. Fry the shrimps until golden brown.
- On a separate bowl, add the Mayonnaise mix and shrimps. Make them evenly spread on the shrimps.
- Transfer to the serving plate and sprinkle the candid walnuts above them.